Miquel Sabaté Solà
October 2022 - June 2023 (expected)
Master’s Degree in Advanced Research in Humanistic Studies
Speciality in Linguistic and Literary Studies
Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV)
October 2020 - May 2021
University extension course:
«The discourse on the promotion of the catalan language: perspectives and arguments»
Centre de Recerca en Sociolingüística i Comunicació (CUSC)
Universitat de Barcelona (UB)
September 2016 - January 2022
Bachelor’s Degree in Catalan Language and Literature
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC)
December 2020 - Present
Senior Full-Stack Software Developer at SUSE
Currently maintaining, inside of the SCC team, all those tools that make possible the interactions between customers and SUSE’s software through subscriptions.
October 2020 - July 2023
Councilor at Consell Comarcal de l’Anoia
Taking this position from representatives that left office early, in october 2020 I took the office of Councilor and spokesman of the CUP party. I left office at the end of the term.
June 2019 - Present
Councilor at Capellades’ Town Hall
In the municipal elections celebrated in may 2019, I was nominated as councilor at Capellades for the Vila de Capellades - CUP party. When forming up the government of the Town Hall, I was nominated as councilor of Youth, Citizen Participation and Transparency; which I renounced in march 2023.
In the municipal elections celebrated in may 2023 I was reelected as councilor at Capellades for the same party, but remaining at the opposition this time.
June 2015 - November 2020
Software Developer at SUSE
- Started the Docker team at SUSE, which evolved into the SUSE CaaS Platform product, an enterprise class container management solution based on Kubernetes.
- Maintained tools such as Portus (a Ruby on Rails application with Vue.js on the frontend) and zypper-docker (a Go CLI tool for patching and updating SUSE-based images). I have been the main contributor to these projects, and I have also been responsible for packaging and releasing them both as RPM packages and Docker images (by using OBS).
- Helped to create skuba, which is a CLI tool written in Go that is being used to orchestrate the Kubernetes pieces underneath SUSE CaaS Platform.
- Given numerous talks, workshops and trainings about container-related technologies. I have also contributed with talks and workshops for SUSECon in 2016, 2017 and 2019.
February 2012 - March 2015
Web developer at Saifor
Full-stack developer at Saifor. In there I developed a set of internal web applications written in PHP and PostgreSQL.
April 2012 - August 2012
Student at Google Summer of Code
I spent the summer of 2012 working on a Google Summer of Code (GSoC). During this time I stabilized the KDevelop Ruby support successfully.
I have been involved in the maintenance of multiple free software projects, and I have also contributed to some of the dependencies of these projects. For example, I have contributed in some of the gems required by Portus such as public_activity, while also producing new ones such as cconfig so the overall community can benefit from them.
I have also contributed to other projects such as Docker, with contributions in the Docker distribution and in the Docker machine projects, while also helping to maintain internal patches of Docker itself so customers could benefit from the latest security updates.
All in all, I am a staunch supporter of free software and I strongly believe that fostering communities around it is beneficial for society at large.
- Applications and frameworks: advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rails, Vue.js, jQuery, PostgreSQL and Redis, among other technologies, thus being confident in the full stack of a web application. I also have experience deploying web applications in container environments, with a strong focus on Kubernetes.
- Administration: overall understanding in UNIX/Linux System administration.
- Methodologies: familiar with the SCRUM methodology, being also experienced with it in remote environments. Experienced also in the Kanban methodology.
- Catalan: Native proficiency.
- Spanish: Written and spoken proficiently.
- English: Written and spoken proficiently.
- Team player.
- Adaptable to new work environments and eager to learn.
- Used to work remotely, being adaptable on the schedule and the requirements from my team.